Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

This year was pretty boring as far as doing anything for the 4th.  We didn't go anywhere, except to the store to get sparklers.  Rumor had it that the fireworks shows were going to be short and/or mundane this year because people will be stock piling for next year since we'll be allowed to have more than sparklers finally.  I, for one, am looking forward to the photographic opportunities that come with such.

So, anyway, these are the decent shots I got tonight.  I hope you like them, and if you don't that's okay too.  I do welcome feedback, though I never seem to get it here.

Up first, Atrus and a long sparkler plus a morning glory.  ISO 100, f/5, 1 second exposure.



A circle of morning glories. A 2-second exposure, ISO 100, f/20.



More of the morning glory circle.  This one seemed to give off a green hue, which made me think of aliens.  Exposure same as the previous one.



This was a sparkler tree.  Really, it was boring.  Kind of expected more out of it.  ISO 100, f/20, 4-second exposure.



I left this one completely untouched, except for resizing down to post it here, but clicking on this should take you to the original in a new window (as all my pictures should).  This... this is what happens when you light around 30 sparklers all at once when they're all bunched up.  Lit up the area like daylight for a few seconds then went out.  ISO 100, f/36, 4-second exposure. 



After we were done outside, we had some fun with kitchen chemistry.  Originally, we lit some coconut rum, but that was a really low flame and I didn't get it all that well.  This one is Cinnamon schnapps, or Fire Water.  Smelled like cinnamon after a bit, too.  The last one we tried was Spiced rum, but like the coconut it was a low, blue flame that danced in the skillet.  Was pretty, but I didn't capture it well.  This one was f/9, 1/2 second exposure, ISO 400.  Really pretty, I think.



And that's all here.  I have some shots set up for the "Abandoned" contest later in the week that I'm looking forward to.  I shall see you then.  I'd love to know what you think of my pictures.  Thanks for stopping by. :)

1 comment:

Mmamallama said...

Lovely, like flying stars (esp the second one). Our July was so dry it was illegal to do fireworks.