Wednesday, July 27, 2011

15 Minutes

I could say it has been a pretty boring week, but that just wouldn't be true.  I just haven't taken many pictures lately is all.  This week, we were supposed to leave home, travel for 15 minutes (by foot, bike, vehicle, or any other mode of transportation) and then take a picture.   Sounds pretty easy.  It was.  I suppose you could say I got lazy because I didn't go.  But don't fret!  I still have pictures.  Its about a 15-minute walk to the lake by way of the mailbox.  Its also about a 15-minute drive to the next town over, either direction.  So, I could go with any of those.  I wasn't very inspired, though, by looking at previous pictures, so I just said to heck with it and I'm using pictures from last Friday. 

A small side-effect of being without well pressure and therefore well water, is that one loses the ability to do laundry on site.  Hence, we had to go to the laundromat.  Of course, I brought my camera.  I had hoped that using the washers and dryers would prove at least an interesting perspective for the upcoming contest, A Portal Through.  Didn't come out as I had hoped, but I still got something interesting.  Not contest worthy, but interesting.

Atrus, even at 5 years old, still finds the spinning washers fascinating.  Using this as an entry.


Even sticks his face right up in it.  I'm surprised he didn't get dizzy or anything. 



Chancellor just had fun walking around and trying to get out the door.


After, the laundry was finished, we decided to take the long drive back in hopes of getting Chancellor down for a nap as he was getting cranky.  Didn't work out so well for that, but it was a fun drive nonetheless.  We stopped at the lake anyway and got some pictures.  It was really hazy, but through some encouragement, I took some shots anyway, hoping to create layers within the photograph, and therefore depth.  Did it work?  


Dead tree and its reflection, with a few lily pads.



A lush scene with lily pads, a boat dock and the exiting way for boats.  Using this as an entry.


Using this as an entry.  I believe this is a day lily, though anyone who knows for sure is welcome to chime in.  Also at the lake.


While I do like this one, Its not as good as the other, so this one will stay just here for fun. It will probably make its way to a desktop image pretty soon.


Like I said, a pretty lackluster week, but I feel the urge to participate anyway.  Next week is "Sports Photography" and I think I'm only going to enter one in that one.  Maybe two, but they're of the same subject.  You'll just have to wait until next week to find those out. :) After that, its "A Portal Through" where we are to photograph "Entryways and exits, windows, tunnels, caves, or wormholes, show us a portal from one place to another." I have a couple things in mind for that one. 

Regarding the well, as of tonight, it has been fixed, so for anyone who was following that along, yay!   So glad to have it entirely functional now!

As always, I'd love to know what you think, so feel free to drop a line. I shall be back next week, sooner if I photograph anything I'd like to share.  Until then, happy photographing!

1 comment:

Mmamallama said...

Great lose-ups, and yes, that's a day lilly. I see those photos of the lake and the lagoon and can feel like I'm there again. I can almost hear the bullfrogs at night, and hear the eagle coming in to roost on the high pine, the loons screeching their crazy wailing on the water. Mmm. Thanks for the memories.