Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Part 1

I didn't do diddly squat for this week's Farktography Contest.  Really wasn't inspired and it hasn't been on my mind.  So there's that.  It was Watercraft this week.  Next week is Sun In Frame.  I might have one or two for that.

Anyway, I thought all the scavenger photos would be revealed by now, given how fast some of them came out, but that turned out to not be the case.  However, we're up to 5/10 now, so I'm going to post those instead.   

The first one to be revealed (and the weakest album of all of them) was Mint.  Here is my take on Mint:


Yup.  A simple bowl of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.  It was tasty and yummy after.  And I'm thinking now that I didn't quite get the color right because it looks off to me.  Oh well.

Next to be revealed was Lace.  My take on Lace: 


I thought I'd be clever and go the (shoe)lace route, but it turns out that was quite popular.  I still liked this anyway.  These are my tap shoes.

After that, it was Bath:


I didn't have squat for ideas on this, and nothing I was thinking of turned out like I thought it should.  What I walked away from this album reveal was that I should have not thought so much about it.  It is possible to over think, and I did, because if I hadn't, I would have realized that suds with a rubber ducky was enough, didn't have to be a whole tub or sink or anything.

Then, we had Green Food.   Was this an interesting one!


I saw that kiwis were covered (I tried that), as well as cucumbers and lots of other things.  I had fun trying out various green foods, and then I stacked up some celery.  Husband liked that one the best out of all, said it was Jenga celery or something.  It got quite a few positive comments on it, so I think I made the right call, whether or not it was a winner.

The latest one to be revealed was today, Drinks On Fire.  This one was fun to do. 


I purchased shot glasses for this because I didn't have any.  So I got 3.  One clearly broke when all was said and done, the other two have cracks in the, but are still useful.  There is rum in those glasses, but it was damned hard to light.  So, I added 91% isopropyl alcohol to it.  Then they lit up nicely!  I took quite a few frames of this since fire can be fickle.  Ended up using one of the last shots anyway, so that was good.  This is pretty much straight out of camera, too.  I didn't crop or adjust the white balance, brightness/contrast, anything. 

Currently, Google Plus is broken for me, so I don't know what else has happened tonight.  I'm waiting until the other 5 are released before sharing my entries folders on G+ and Facebook publicly.   This was really fun to do, and the albums from all the contestants are amazing.  I have definitely walked away with a few more ideas. 

Apologies for the delay in posting.  Hopefully, things will return to normal soon, whatever normal happens to be, and hopefully also that the rest of the pictures get released soon.  My best shots are coming up, the ones I'm really proud of, so I'm getting more excited.  :D

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: