Friday, April 20, 2012

Budding Reader

I did promise more pictures this week, so here they are!  I have more set aside to upload and post, perhaps tomorrow or Sunday and then we shall see after that.

Atrus has been getting more into reading, which we are very happy with.  In fact, he's starting to pick up words at the store while we're out and gets all excited.  However, we've been keeping the books out of Chance's reach not because we don't want him to read, but because we're protecting the books.  He likes to chew on them.  Well, he liked to chew on them.  Atrus left one or two down on a particular day.  A while later, Chance comes out with it, and holds it up to me, and then making the moves like he wants me to pick him up.  I ended up down on the floor with him (better pictures), and he backed into me to sit on my lap and actively wanted me to go through the book with him.  Big change from before!!  He's still in the early stages and just having fun flipping the pages, but he's not chewing them!!!

Mama read to me!


Going through a book all on his own. I think this one is just about perfect.


It's upside-down, but who cares?  He doesn't seem to mind, and this one is a color book anyway.


Chance wanted to read again on another night and I decided since Daddy was home, Daddy could do it, too.  Chance did the pick me up and read to me moves and so Daddy did.  Chance was happy with that.  He was annoyed that Chance was more interested in flipping through the books instead of listening to the story, until I pointed out that at least he wasn't chewing them.  His reply?  "That's a damn fine point!"


So those are what I'm posting for now.  Next post will be likely Sunday because tomorrow will be busy.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: