Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Old Man Winter

This week's contest is celebrating winter:  It's cold outside, Baby! Show us your cold weather shots!  Well, I have plenty this year!  My camera's been getting a workout getting all broke-in and stuff and this winter has provided some difficult but beautiful things to capture.  Below are my entries.

What fun is winter unless you can play in the snow?

(pic pops to embiggen)

Sledding without an actual sled, but on the snowbanks in the driveway. :)

(pic pops to embiggen)


Snowy Reflections.  Out for a walk and found this by the lake.  Pretty, if a little dark.

(pic pops to embiggen)


Aaaand, the B-sides: 

A look at the backyard.  Amazing what a simple polarizer filter can do.  It was absolutely perfect this day to take a picture, and glad I could capture it. Alex said this one was too boring for the contest, so I had to pick something else for my third shot.  Made this one my computer desktop for a while because I liked it so much.

(pic pops to embiggen)


A snowball got tossed by way of Atrus. The remnants made it there, but the snow wasn't great for snowballs (too dry).  Don't think this is as good as the others, but it definitely shows him having fun..

(pic pops to embiggen)

Snowy Greenhouse.  I think this one is too similar to one I posted for weather, so I'm not going with it.  I still think its a nice shot anyway, though.

(pic pops to embiggen)


Nice shot I think, but also not as strong as the others.  Polarizer at work here.  That sky looks wonderful, though.

(pic pops to embiggen)


And that's all I have for this week.  Next week is a pattern contest (recurring motifs, etc) and I have some ideas for that.  We'll see how those do.  Hope you enjoyed the pictures.  See you next week. :)

No comments: