Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beach Day

So yesterday was exceedingly warm. Ok, we're not in Florida, but the humidity was high and the temp was in the very high 80s if not in the 90s, and there was barely a cloud in the sky. Thus, we decided to go to the beach.

Now, the last time we went to the beach with Atrus, he decided that water wasn't really his thing, despite the fact that he didn't mind a kiddie pool we got for him, and he loves showers (so long as he isn't forced to actually get clean in them). This time the approach was a little different. I sat on the beach with him for a while, mostly because I wanted pictures and traditionally cameras and water don't mix. Also, I didn't want to force him in. Hence the sitting on the beach. It took him a while but he managed to go up to the water a couple of times, but not actually go in. A nice lady happened by and offered to take him in a little bit, a few more steps than he had been, and he accepted. He went out with her for a little bit and then decided he wanted back. After that, though, he realized it was ok to stay at the water's edge and splash a lot. Daddy and Will (who's been staying with us a while) had wanted to go out to the island or just play around a bit before coming back to play with Atrus (which worked out to give Atrus some time to get used to the idea). Will took him out for a spin on the water and Atrus had a blast with it. Daddy took him out too, but the camera overheated and stopped responding. I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I wanted of everything, but I got some. The camera had cooled down enough for a couple of pictures that Daddy took of me with Atrus.

Well, here are the pictures. I decided a slideshow was best due to the volume of pictures.

No comments: