These are the various mills. I don't know everything they do, but it looks cool.
My favorite shot. :) Daddy thought he'd let Chance get a but of "run" time in.
This is a CNC machine mill thing. You program it to do what you want. Turns out you can program it to make a lot of things.
They call this the "Tool Crib." Because of how the University is set up, this room here is the warmest room in the building because of the steam plant and all.
A closer look at some of the bits.
This was cut, I believe, from a mold.
And here's the mold. It's a special wax, I'm told.
This is a steam engine. It is similar to the one Daddy built his first year. He brought his home, but opted to give it to someone else who was in his group, and I didn't get around to photographing it, so I got this one. Making a steam engine is the end project for the first years in the MTL. These ones are small, but a working smaller model can lend itself to a bigger one. This is a demo one for the first years.
That's all I have from this visit to the MTL (machine tool lab). I hope you like the pictures, and thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment