There's a bit of candy, of course. Each got a bunny from my stuffy collection. As much as I love my stuffed animals, I want them to be used and loved more than I want to keep them. After these two, though, I think the boys have enough stuffed animals for now. Chance got some books and dry-erase crayons. Atrus got a Lego creator kit and colored pencils. It would appear that Chance got more, and that's true. For this Easter, he did get more. Atrus had more at Christmas, though. We do try to keep it relatively even, but also recognize that there will be times when things are more in favor of one kid over the other. It will all balance out in the end, though. Oh, each got a chocolate bunny as well. :) The cards I made. Probably obvious, I know, but I've been in a thing lately where I wanted to make cards for people and holidays, and that included Easter cards. I scrapbook and make birthday cards to send people, why not holiday cards? Seemed reasonable.
The eggs. I "hid" 45 eggs around the living room, in the bathroom, and in the kitchen. Some were within Chance's reach, others more for Atrus (read higher up). I surprised myself by finding the ones that survived from last year. I hope I remember them for next year and don't buy any more! The term "hid" is used rather loosely because for one, the eggs are brightly colored, and for two, its a small house, there aren't too many potential hiding places. Also, the kids are small still, so as the years go on, we'll make it more difficult to find them.
All eggs were found before the baskets were brought out. Also, since Dad slept in, I made them wait until Dad was awake before they got brought out. If the house were bigger, I would have hidden the baskets.
Chance has his priorities. Screw everything else, candy is where its at.
Case in point.
Atrus actually read his card. Oh, and he got a watch, too. You can see it on his wrist. He had one a couple years ago, but it got water damage so it didn't work any more. He's been getting better at time and thought he could use his own watch again. Hopefully this one will be better taken care of.
Admiring his Lego kit. In true Atrus fashion, it was the only thing he wanted to do, besides some of the candy.
That's what we did for Easter. Nothing fancy. How was your Easter?
No comments:
Post a Comment