Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just a couple of shots

So a while back I mentioned (I think) I received a camera from the 70s.  Obviously a film camera.  Its a Yashica.  Anyway, I finally got around to taking a couple pictures of it.  I didn't open it up to show the inside because just a couple of days ago I decided to put the one roll of film I have in it.

So here's the camera:



Even came with a remote shutter release!  Now to get one of those for my Canon.


The exposure options.  Given this is film not digital, I suspect it will be a while before I see the actual results of this.  I hope I don't screw it up!  there's a roll of 400 speed in there, and I have that setting done.  There's no flash with this as I don't have one, so I do have to be sure when I use the camera it isn't in a low light setting unless I'm doing a long exposure.



I REALLY wanted to share this photo.  I could barely wait until midnight to post it for #coffeethursday on G+.   Husband didn't care much for it, thinks its too obvious that its coffee versus hot chocolate or something, but failed to realize it was deliberate, being for Coffee Thursday on G+ and all, which is all about sharing photos of all things coffee.  And coffee has become my favorite drink ever.  Makes mornings bearable and does a hell of a job waking me up.  Also more effective as an antidepressant it seems than an antidepressant, though maybe that could be because I'm still taking it slow with the exploration of what medication there is.  Anyway, I really like this shot, and I wanted to share it, so here it is.


Okay, so I had these yesterday, I just didn't want to post them yet.  I also have some entries (finally) for Chrysta Rae's March scavenger hunt, but only 3.  I have to hold back on posting them because that's part of the rules.  If they're not posted anywhere, the judges can't have seen them, therefore it can't influence judging.  Its anonymous and no watermarks (not like I use them yet), but I'm up against like 500 other people, so my shots do have to stand out.  Not even allowed (per the rules) to share the list of what I need to capture, so that'll have to wait as well.  Once submissions are closed (April 5) and permission is granted (likely a few days later), I will be sharing my entries here, so no worries about that.  I'm aware I've not a snowball's chance in Hell at winning anything, but I'm in it for the challenge and the meeting other people anyway.  If I even get a mention at anything I'll be surprised.

So, umm.  I have no idea what's in store the next few days for photography.  If I have something interesting or cool to share, then I definitely will.  Otherwise, it'll be next Wednesday for Recurves for sure.  Feel free to let me know what you think.

No comments: