Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Airborne

This week's contest is titled as above.  I'm sure its pretty easy to figure out what the contest is about!  The description:  "Flying, gliding, falling, or throwing - show something airborne. Difficulty: No clouds or astronomical objects, no holding things up with string (holding them down is fine)."

Now I didn't specifically shoot anything for this contest.   However, I did manage to think of a couple of things in my archives that would work.

For instance, a "snow toss" by Uncle putting Atrus up and over the snowbank, even clearing the van in height of the throw, and then landing softly in said snowbank.


This gentleman is from April 17, 2009.  I still had my point and shoot then.  It was a particularly windy day and through Alex's urging, we trotted down the road some, then up on top of the hill, and took out the kites.  This neon-colored one is his box kite.  It caught an air current up there and it soared for quite a while.


Snow toss version 2, this time with Uncle in the picture.  Definitely looks like fun.


We'll see how they do.  Next week is "Show Of Emotion 2."  I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to use for this one.  Most people, it would seem, would rather see happy and smiling people in pictures, but I also have some sour faces.  Whatever I pick, I hope there isn't going to be a lot of that in the thread as well.  Its not the pictures of emotions, I have plenty.  Its just a matter of variety and historically if I post along the same lines as everyone else, then I won't do so well.

Anyway, enough rumination on the selection.  I started a new job this week; I'll be doing 9-5 Sunday through Thursday.  As I'm full-time and that's 40 hours, I'm guessing that there will be an extra block of time moved in for a meal.  I'll still be out of work in time to post in Farktography, so yay!  The hope with the move to a new company is that I'll be earning more money.  It helps that my account is entirely transcription, and all the accounts on this platform are transcription (versus speech/voice recognition), so that's good. 

So that's it for now.  If I get back to picture taking soon, I'll likely post more.  Life has been rather hectic the past couple of weeks, so something had to take a back seat.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you liked my post (commentary always welcome), and I'll see you next week!

No comments: