The Alex:
Studiously working on a paper for school.
The Chancellor:
A funny from the impromptu kitchen photo shoot back in January.
My Dad:
A candid, for sure, but I love how the light plays on his face from the sunshine. This was taken at his 60th birthday party. I love my Dad. :)
As promised, the poem:
Waiting For The Birdie
Some hate broccoli, some hate bacon.
But I hate having my picture taken.
How could your family claim to love you;
and then demand a picture of you?
and then demand a picture of you?
The Electric Chair is a comfortable chair;
But I know an equally comfortless pair...
One is the Dentist's, my good sirs.
The Other? The Photographer's.
You open the door, you enter the studio
But I know an equally comfortless pair...
One is the Dentist's, my good sirs.
The Other? The Photographer's.
You open the door, you enter the studio
You feel less cheerio than nudio.
The hard light shines like seventy suns
and you know that your features are foolish ones.
The Photographer says "natural please"
So you cross you knees. ten you uncross your knees.
Like a duke in a high society chronicle.
The hard light shines like seventy suns
and you know that your features are foolish ones.
The Photographer says "natural please"
So you cross you knees. ten you uncross your knees.
Like a duke in a high society chronicle.
That camera glares at you through it's monocle.
Your nose itches, your palms perspire
You feel ashamed of your best attire
Your muscles stiffen, and all the while
You smile and smile and smile and smile.
It's over! You weakly grope for the door;
It's not! The photographer wants "just one more."
Your nose itches, your palms perspire
You feel ashamed of your best attire
Your muscles stiffen, and all the while
You smile and smile and smile and smile.
It's over! You weakly grope for the door;
It's not! The photographer wants "just one more."
And if this experience you survive,
Wait, just wait, till the proofs arrive.
You look like a drawing by Thurber or Babb,
Or a gangster (stretched out on a marble slab)
And all your dear ones, (including your wife)
Say "there he is, that's him." "That's him to the life!"
Some hate broccoli, some hate bacon,
But I HATE having my picture taken.
Wait, just wait, till the proofs arrive.
You look like a drawing by Thurber or Babb,
Or a gangster (stretched out on a marble slab)
And all your dear ones, (including your wife)
Say "there he is, that's him." "That's him to the life!"
Some hate broccoli, some hate bacon,
But I HATE having my picture taken.
- Ogden Nash, 1938
That's all for this week. Nothing too inspiring. Next week is Cloudscapes. I have thoughts in mind for that, but haven't put anything together yet to take the shots. As always, feel free to leave commentary.
No comments:
Post a Comment