Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Color Popping Naturally

Only two entries for me in this week's Farktography contest. Description: Take a photo that appears to be black and white/grayscale with the exception of one object or color. Difficulty: No selective desaturation or other post-processing tricks to create the effect.

I found it hard to come up with ideas to do, and while I had one or two over the last week, I wasn't able to see them to fruition, so I'm going with what I had already taken.  These two I had taken as I came across them specifically with this contest in mind.  I was frustrated by not being able to do what I wanted, but then remembered I had these, so I'm posting these two.

Trailer in the snow:  Seems kind of cheating, but it also does seem to pop some.

(pic pops to embiggen)

A brick I found on the side of the road.  I got what I thought of at the time I found it.  I then even brought the brick home to use, but Hubby tossed it out before I got around to taking more pictures.  Probably just as well. 

(pic pops to embiggen)

No comments: