Friday, September 25, 2009

First things first

Ok, it's been a while since I posted anything besides Farktography stuff.  I'll admit it.  Well, it's my Saturday and I've apparently been saving up.  First things first is I GOT A NEW DESK!!  Alex built it for me!  I know that doesn't seem like much to get a new desk, especially in this economy, but it's big.  He designed it for ME and built it to fit in my corner.  I have more space on top of the desk and more foot room underneath.  My towers have room to breathe (which they didn't before), and it's pretty.  No new parts were purchased in the making of this desk.  The very top is 1/4 inch plywood (sanded, of course and coated with polyurethane) on top of 3/4 inch particle board.   Pictures are below.  Part of this process obviously involved clearing off my old desk to make way for the new one and apparently the old one didn't have much time left because it barely made it out the door before falling into pieces.  Below is a picture of the new desk pretty much right after it was put in and wires put in all the right places.  It clicky-pops to bigger which is probably better.  He did such a nice job on it.  The corners are smoothed and rounded and everything.  LOVE THIS!

No comments: